Situated in a picturesque environment, Dalnic/Dálnok lies at the foot of the eastern ridge of the Munții Bodoc – Bodoki range. Most tourists visit the György Dózsa memorial and the Reformed Church, a listed historical monument. The latter contains traces of one of the most recently discovered runic scripts in the land of Szeklers. The Lázár-Beczásy Manor (built: 1753), the Gál-Borbáth Manor (1844) and the Bartha House are also located in Dalnic/Dálnok.
3 km from Moacșa/Maksa on road No. 11 we arrive at the turn-off for Dalnic/Dálnok; turning left (north), the village is 1 km up the road. The sandstone cliffs, called outliers, alongside the road are the remnants of the one-time range that sank beneath the Targu-Secuiesc Basin.
From the top of Dalnic/Dálnok there is a wonderful view to the Râul Negru/Feketeügy lowlands and hills surrounding the Targu-Secuiesc Basin. Mărcușa/Kézdimárkosfalva sits on the plain to the northeast. When the weather is clear, the modern health hotels of the spa town of Covasna/Kovászna can be seen gleaming at the foot of the hills opposite; visible beside these is the Zăbala/Zabola fortified church, and in the background the Vrancea Mountains/Háromszéki-havasok, the heights of Ernei/Nagyzernye and Varful Lacauti/Lakóca.
The monumental statue of György Dózsa, which was unveiled in 1976, stands in the main square of Dalnic/Dálnok. Opposite the statue is the Reformed Church, which took on its current form after multiple repairs and extensions. In 1977, during renovation of the church built in early 16th century Gothic style, restorers found two-line runic script fragments painted onto plaster. They have still not been fully deciphered. The large Szekler gate in front of the church was carved by the Haszmann brothers of Cernat/Csernáton (1978). Also opposite the church is the local primary school, one of a number built by the Hungarian state commemorating the thousandth anniversary of the Conquest (1896).
Beczásy Garden stands opposite the school on the other corner. The Armenian landowning family settled in Dalnic/Dálnok in the early 19th century. This is how they came into possession of the former Lázár Manor, probably constructed in the 17th century but rebuilt on several occasions, which today is known as the Lázár-Beczásy Manor displaying late neo-Classical motifs. There are a few surviving country houses of historical significance in the village. Examples are the derelict Lázár Manor (1753), the Gál-Borbáth Manor (1844) and Bartha House (19th century).
Of the furnishings in the church, the following are particularly worthy of mention: the original, locally painted pews and gallery parapets, and the carved, ornamented pulpit tester (sounding board).
The current belfry was built between 1914-1922. The memorial plaque of the Mille-centenary and the 19 Dalnic/Dálnok heroes of the 1848-49 War of Independence is located on the inner wall of the belfry.
Without doubt the most famous native of the village is György Dózsa, who spent his entire childhood here and only moved to Ghindari – Makfalva after the death of his father. Besides him, Dalnic/Dálnok has numerous other famous sons, amongst them Gerzson Dálnoki Veress, 17th century kuruc poet and historian; Mihály D. Nagy (1612-1648) and Lőrincz D. Nagy (1614-1661), Unitarian college teachers from Cluj-Napoca – Kolozsvár, the former a writer on theology, the latter a Hebrew scholar; and Demeter D. Veress (18th century), ecclesiastical writer.
The following were also born in Dalnic/Dálnok: Géza Földes (1857-1937), teacher, journalist, editor; Jenő Darkó (1880-1940), byzantiologist, editor, member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences; Dénes Kozma (1875-1925), pioneer of Hungarian agricultural literature; and Albert Hadnagy (1901-1967), archive director.
Writer and poet József Gaál (1811-1866) was born into a family that traced its origins to Dalnic/Dálnok, as were two generals: Lajos Dálnoki Veress (1889-1976), military historian and commander of the 2nd Hungarian Army, as well as Béla Dálnoki Miklós (1890-1948), prime minister of Hungary and commander of the 1st Army.
There are several unexploited sulphurous medicinal springs in Dalnic/Dálnok Forest (Mungorcsi, Szászné, Víztisztája, Kenderesi), which in earlier times were used for the treatment of rheumatic complaints in the form of thermal bathing cures. The village is linked to the eastern ridge of the Munții Bodoc – Bodoki range (which has a trail marked with a blue cross) on a tourist trail marked with a blue triangle.